I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching lately and thinking more & more about my life goal. To reach it and to be completely happy, one of the things I need to do more of is add up all the wonderful stuff in my life. I think about all the things I have to be thankful for a lot, but it’s so easy to forget & let some of the tiny things go uncounted. I believe writing them down will make me fully realize how many reasons I really do have to be happy every day.
So- I’m going to start a new weekly post. Every Friday I’m going to make a list of things that have made me smile that week. It could be anything- from a simple piece of chocolate I enjoyed to a phone call from a friend to a song I heard. Basically any random thing that I think of that brought me joy during my day to day activities. I’m not going to set a number of items for my list since some weeks I’m sure I’ll have more reasons to smile than others. I am going to try to write things down daily, but life (or my own forgetfulness) might get in the way of that. ;o)
Reasons I’ve Smiled This Week:
- Walking out of Wallyworld with children in tow- Eldest says out of the blue “It smells like ladybugs out here.”
- I was inspired by a fellow Kindness Blogger to do this RAOK to a complete stranger
- A baby Robin in our yard
- A dear friend told me of a dream she had in which I started a movement based on my Pollyanna Principle
- An awesome dad at the free matinee movie with his kids stood up and boogied in front of his seat to a 50’s song playing during the credits
- Having my extended family together at our first Family Reunion and getting to see my aunts & cousins that I haven’t seen in many years.
- Getting family pictures of everyone at the reunion- including my own small one!
- A phone from my good friend M telling me that she missed me and she called just because she forgot to send me a Facebook message before she got off the computer & decided to call instead.